Aloo Palak Gravy Recipe
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Type: Gravy-Side dish
Served With: Roti, Chapati, Naan, Rice and paratha.
Hello friends, Manjiri’s Foods welcome you all,
- Palak: 1 Bunch
- Potatoes : 2 Medium
- Tomato : 1 big
- Onion : 1 big
- Garlic : 7-8 cloves
- Green chilies : 3-4
- Garam Masala : 1 TSP
- Salt : As per taste
- Red chili powder : 1 Tsp
- Sugar : 1Tsp (Optional)
- Oil : 3 Tsp
- Remove stems from Palak and wash the leaves thoroughly.
- Boil water in a pan and put Palak leaves into the boiling water.
- Cover the lid and switch off the stove.
- Keep Palak leaves into the boiling water for two minutes.
- Then remove the leaves and put them in ice water immediately for Blanching.
- Cut the Potato, onion and tomato into small pieces.
- Take out the skin from garlic and separate the cloves.
- Drain the water from Palak leaves.
- Put them in a grinding jar along with green chilies and garlic.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add oil in it.
- Put the tempering ingredients ( Mustard, Jeera, Hing, Haldi powder) splutter them.
- Then add onions and fry them till translucent.
- Add potatoes and sauté for a minute.
- Then add Tomatoes and fry till soft and mushy.
- Add chili powder, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Then add water and cook potatoes till they are soft.
- Once potatoes are cooked add Palak paste to it and cook further for two minutes.
- Finally add garam masala to it.
- Serve the Aloo Palak gravy with Rotis, Chapatis or Rice.
- It is very tasty and healthy too.