Gawar Golyachi Bhaji
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Type: Side Dish
Serve with: Chapatis, Jowar
Manjiri’s Foods welcome you all,
Today we are going to make a Gawar-Golyachi bhaji a Typical Maharashtrian side dish. Gawar is also called Gawarphali, Gorekai, Chawalikai in other Indian languages. And in English it is known as Cluster Beans.
Gawar Sabji is prepared in many versions throughout India, Like Gujarati, Rajasthani, Andhra and Maharashtrian styles. No matter in which version you cook Gawar, it is very simple dish to prepare.
Gawar-Golyachi bhaji is a unique style of making Gawar Sabji. Let’s make it now.
For Gole or Besan Balls:
- Besan or Gram flour: 1 Bowl.
- Jeera: One Teaspoons.
- White Sesame Seeds: One Tea Spoon.
- Red Chili Powder: One and half tea spoon.
- Turmeric: Half Tea spoon.
- Salt: As per taste.
- Oil: Four to five tea spoons for making dough.
- Oil: One Bowl for frying.
- Coriander Leaves: Four to five spoons chopped.
For the Bhaji:
- Gawar or Cluster Beans: 250 grams
- Goda Masala: One Tea Spoon
- Red Chili Powder: One Tea Spoon
- Gur or Jaggery: One Tea spoon (Optional)
- Oil: Two tea spoons
- Jeera: One teaspoon
- Mustard: One teaspoon
- Hing: One pinch
- Turmeric: Half tea spoon
- Kadi Patta: Five to six leaves
- Wash Gawar and cut them into one-inch pieces.
- Wash coriander and chop finely.
- In a mixing bowl take Besan flour.
- Add Jeera, White sesame.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Add Salt, Turmeric and red chili powder.
- Add oil.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a tight dough. Don’t add water at all.
- Keep the dough aside for five minutes.
- Then make very small balls of the dough and deep fry them in hot oil till they are fried from inside.
Making Gawar-Golyachi bhaji:
- In a Kadai add two spoons of oil and let it become warm.
- Then add mustard and jeera and splutter them.
- Then add turmeric, Hing and Kadi Patta.
- Add chopped Gawar or cluster beans and fry them in the tempering for two minutes.
- Then add water and bring it to a boil.
- Then add salt, Goda masala, red chili powder and jaggery.
- Cover the lid and cook it for five minutes.
- When Gawar is half cooked add the fried Gole and mix gently. Adjust the consistency by adding water if required.
- Take off from the stove when done. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Chapati or Jowar Rotis.
Step by step recipe of Gawar Golyachi Bhaji
Wash and chop coriander leaves roughly.
In a mixing bowl take One bowl of Besan and add Jeera, White Sesame, Salt, Red chili powder, Turmeric and Coriander leaves.
Gawar or cluster beans is a vegetable which grow in summer mostly. It contains glyconutrients which help in controlling blood sugar levels. Glycemicindex is very low in these beans and therefore, they do not cause rapid fluctuations in the blood sugar levels when we eat them.Cluster beans are useful in weight management. They reduce the weight by lowering fat absorption.As said Gawar has a low glycemic index, which along with high fiber count (5.4 g / cup) makes it a highly suitable choice for diabetics. Gawar should be on top of the list for those on low carb diet and weight loss diet.
So, friends I hope you will love this unique recipe and going to try this for sure. Please comment and let me know your feedback.
Will see you with another interesting recipe.
Till then eat healthy and stay safe.