Instant Rava Dosa | Ragi Rava Dosa | Green Chili Rasam
Cuisine: South Indian
Servings: 12 Dosas
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Resting Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serve with: Coconut Chutney, Sambar and Rasam.
Hello friends, Manjiri’s Foods welcome you all,
Today we are going to make an Instant Rava Dosa/Ragi Rava Dosa & Green Chili Rasam. It is one of the popular breakfast recipes in South India served with Coconut chutney, Sambhar or any other side dish.
There are many ways to make these Rava Dosas and also made with different ingredients and seasoning including different type of flours and vegetable. Today I am going to show you this dosa recipe with onion, suji or rava and Rice flour.
Rava dosas are popular mainly for their crispy nature and transparent texture. This is achieved only by following some tricks.
For Dosa Batter:
1. Rava Dosa:
- Rava or Suji (Medium): One Bowl
- Rice Flour: One Bowl
- Curds: Half Bowl
- Water: As required
- Salt: As per taste
- Tempering: For extended taste
- Onions: Two to three finely chopped
- Coriander: A handful finely chopped
2. Ragi Rava Dosa:
- Rava or Suji (Medium): One Bowl
- Ragi Flour: One Bowl
- And all the other ingredients used in Rava Dosa
For Green Chili Rasam:
- Green Chilies: Four to five (Medium Spicy)
- White sesame (Til): Two Tea Spoons
- Peanut Powder (Roasted): Two Tea Spoons
- Dry Coconut Grated: Two Tea spoons
- Jeera: Half tea spoon
- Jaggery: Two tea spoons
- Tamarind: Half tea spoon (Soaked)
- Coriander: Four Tea Spoons
- Salt: as per taste
- Oil: Two tea spoons
- Jeera: One teaspoon
- Mustard: One teaspoon
- Hing: One pinch
- Turmeric: Half tea spoon
- Kadi Patta: Five to six leaves
For Dosa Batter.
1. Take a big bowl and add One bowl Rava or suji in it. Wash it thoroughly and drain the water.
2. Add One bowl rice flour, half bowl curds and salt as per taste. Add sufficient water to make a batter of watery consistency.
3. Take a small kadai and add two tea spoons oil in it. When the oil becomes warm add mustard, jeera, Sesame, Turmeric powder and kadi patta. Splutter all the ingredients and pour the tempering on dosa batter.
4. Rest the batter for fifteen minutes.
Follow the same procedure for Ragi rava dosa batter. Add Ragi flour instead of rice flour here.
5. Cut the onions as finely as possible.
For Green Chili Rasam.
1. Dry roast two spoon of white sesame, two spoons of dry coconut and half tea spoon jeera. Cool it completely.
2. Then in a mixer jar take four to five medium spicy green chilies. Handful washed and chopped coriander leaves, two tea spoons of roasted peanut powder, two spoons Jaggery, half tea spoon soaked and drained tamarind and salt as per taste.
3. Grind all these into a fine paste.
Making of Green Chili Rasam.
- In a kadai add two tea spoons of oil and let it become warm.
- Then add tempering ingredients and splutter them.
- Then add ground green chili masala paste and give it a quick stir.
- Then add little water and adjust the consistency.
- Bring it to a boil and take off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander and serve along with Dosas.
Making Instant Rava Dosa | Ragi Rava Dosa.
- Heat the tawa (Nonstick or Cast Iron).
- Check the dosa batter consistency as Rava absorbs water and batter becomes thick.
- Add water if required.
- On hot tawa apply oil and spread finely chopped onions.
- Then pour the dosa batter and spread evenly.
- Let the dosa roast on medium to high flame.
- Usually flipping of dosa is not necessary while making Rava dosa, you can flip and roast the other side if you want extra crispiness.
- Follow the same procedure for Ragi Rava dosa.
- Serve hot with Coconut chutney, Sambar, Potato Bhaji or any other side dish. Or else the special Green Chili Rasam tastes great with these dosas.
Step by step recipe of Instant-Rava-Dosa-Ragi-Rava-Dosa-Green-Chili-Rasam
0 thoughts on “Instant Rava Dosa | Ragi Rava Dosa | Green Chili Rasam”
Wonderful & healthy recipe👌👌
Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe and in detail!
Well written article ma'am 🙏
Very nice and tasty recipe..
Thank you, Keep visiting the Blog
Wow thats really nice. I will surely try this at home.. Thanks for sharing and stay connected..