Avalakki Bisi Bele Bhat Recipe | Aval Bisi Bele Bhat Recipe | Poha Bisi Bele Bhat
“Poha is a wholesome meal. It is a good source of carbohydrates, packed with iron, rich in fibre, a good source of antioxidants and essential vitamins and is gluten free. That is why it is known as the healthiest Indian breakfast.
Avalakki Bisi Bele bath is one pot meal prepared using poha, yellow lentil and lots of vegetables. It is specially made during fasting season when rice or grains are not eaten.
The word “poha” refers to the flattened rice itself and as well the dish made with it. These flattened rice flakes are also known as parched rice or beaten rice. Poha is used widely across India to make various dishes like chivda, upma, dosa, idli and many more. This is because it is easily digestible, has vegetables and is a cheap option. Poha also helps those fighting the battle of the bulge. It one of the most ideal choices for weight loss.
Cuisine: Karnataka, South Indian
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Type: Breakfast, Brunch
Served with: Boondi Raita, Curds
- Moong Dal: 1 Bowl
- Poha (Thick): 2 Bowls
- Vegetables: Veggies of your choice (1 Small bowl each) French beans, Cabbage, Green peas, Potato, Carrot
- Bisibele Bhat Masala: 1 table spoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Jaggery: 1Tsp (optional)
- Oil: 5 Tsp
- Tempering: Mustard, Jeera, Hing, Haldi, White Sesame
Poha Bisi Bele Bhat
- Dry roast Moong dal for five minutes and keep aside.
- Wash poha thoroughly twice and keep aside.
- Add oil to pressure cooker and add all the Tempering ingredients and splutter them.
- Add washed and chopped vegetables. Sauté them for 2 minutes. Add roasted moong dal and again saute it for two minutes.
- Add water and close the cooker and cook it for two whistles.
- When the pressure is out the cooked Dal will look like this.
- Add Masala, Salt and Jaggery and water and bring it to boil.
- Add washed Poha to it and switch off the stove. Let poha soak the masala. After ten minutes serve the Poha Bisibele Bhat with ghee on it.
Avalakki Bisi Bele Bhat Recipe | Aval Bisi Bele Bhat Recipe | Poha Bisi Bele Bhat in step by step photos
Nutrients in Poha:
1. Poha is a source of healthy carbohydrates in your body.
2. It is made up of 76.9 per cent of carbohydrates.
3. 23 per cent of fats.
4. Very low in calories.
All these make Poha a Superfood.
Note: As poha absorbs water and becomes thick very easily, you have to add water to it if you need a flowing consistency.
I hope you are going to try this recipe. If you made this comment and tell me how you liked this recipe.
Please SUBSCRIBE to my blog so that you won’t miss any recipes in the future. Press the FOLLOW button and help me to grow..
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel..
See you in my next recipe; till then Eat healthy and Stay healthy..