Lauki Paratha | Bottle Gourd Paratha Recipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Explore our collection of Vegetarian recipes, Rice recipes, Breakfast recipes, lunchbox recipes, Gravy, south Indian recipes, quick recipes, North Indian, Curry, Side dishes, parathas, sweets and desserts and many more..
Servings: 12 Parathas
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Type: Breakfast, Lunch
Served with: Raita, Pickle and Curds
Lauki Paratha | Bottle Gourd Paratha Recipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe is a delicious and healthy Indian flat bread which contain the goodness of Lauki and spices. Lauki Paratha is the best way to cook Lauki or bottle gourd because it is not a popular vegetable or preferred by many. It has a neutral taste so adding Indian spices makes it more delicious. These parathas are prepared using whole wheat flour.
- Wheat Flour: Four Bowls
- Lauki or Bottle Gourd: One medium sized.
- Ginger Garlic Paste: One TSP (Optional)
- Onion: One big sized (Optional) I have not used this time.
- Coriander leaves: Four spoons
- Jeera, White Sesame: Half TSP each.
- Garam Masala: 1 and Half TSP
- Red Chili Powder: 1 TSP
- Salt: As per taste
- Jeera Powder: 1/2 TSP
- Coriander Powder: 1/2 TSP
- Haldi Powder: 1/4 TSP
- Hing: One pinch
- In a mixing bowl add four bowls of wheat flour.
- Grate the Bottle gourd or Lauki and drop it in a bowl of water.
- Then wash it and squeeze out the water completely.
- Grate onion or cut into very small pieces.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Add all these to the wheat flour along with salt, ginger garlic paste, jeera powder, coriander powder, haldi powder, hing, White sesame and garam masala.
- Mix well and add very little water to knead a tight dough.
- Rest it for 15 minutes.
Making of Lauki Paratha | Bottle Gourd Paratha Recipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe :
- Take medium sized dough ball and roll it make a paratha.
- Apply oil and roast it on a heated tawa.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Serve with raita, pickle or curds.
Lauki Paratha | Bottle Gourd Paratha Recipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe in step by step photos
In a bowl take four bowls of wheat flour.
Add all the masalas and grated Lauki to the flour.
Knead a tight dough adding very little water.
Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
Take a medium ball sized dough and roll it to make paratha.
Apply oil and roast the paratha.
Health benefits of Bottle Gourd:
Bottle Gourd is a common medicine for disturbed digestion. Eating Bottle Gourd on a regular basis helps improve digestion and keep digestive system on a healthy track.
Few other health benefits of Lauki
Reduces stress: Eating Lauki can help in reducing stress.
Benefits the heart.
Helps in weight loss.
Helps in treating sleeping disorders.
Prevents premature greying of hair.
Helps in digestion
Benefits the skin.
You may also try my other recipes..
I hope you are going to try this recipe. If you made this comment and tell me how you liked this recipe.
Please SUBSCRIBE to my blog so that you won’t miss any recipes in the future. Press the FOLLOW button and help me to grow..
See you in my next recipe; till then Eat healthy and Stay healthy..