Steamed Kadabu Recipe | Deep Amavasya Special Recipe | Ukadiche Kadabu
Hello friends Manjiri’s Foods welcomes you all.
Explore our collection of Vegetarian recipes, Rice recipes, Breakfast recipes, lunchbox recipes, Gravy, south Indian recipes, quick recipes, North Indian, Curry, Side dishes, parathas, sweets and desserts and many more..
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Served with: Ghee
Importance of Deepa Pooja on Deepa Amavasya.
Deepa Pooja, is observed on the Amavasya or No moon day in Ashada month in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Also, in other parts of India with different name. It is the end of Ashada month and beginning of the sacred Shravan month.
On this day we clean our homes and decorate houses with bright Rangoli designs. Hindus believe that by worshipping Diya or Deepa this day will attract the endowments of Ashta Lakshmi’s.
In various districts, Deepa Puja is offered for various reasons. A few groups offer it to invite the Shravan month which is a blessed month and various ceremonies and vratas are offered during the month. It implies the start of favorable period, and many pooja’s are performed to Hindu gods looking for blessings. The last day of Ashada is set apart as the exceptionally propitious.
It is on this day Lord Shiva, is intrigued by Parvathi’s dedication towards him and acknowledges her as his significant other. In Karnataka, Bheemana Amavasya is likewise called as Gandana Puje. This pooja is done by ladies to seek God for the prosperity of their husband and family. Married women perform this pooja for long life of their husband while the unmarried young ladies appeal to get a decent spouse. It is one of the interesting celebrations in Karnataka. The custom is like Vata Savitri Vrat only.
Ashada Amavasya is also observed for performing ceremonies devoted to dead progenitors and family members like Tarpan and Shraddha in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
Deepa Amavasya is also called as..
Aadi Amavasya in Tamil Nadu
Divaso in Gujarat
Karkidaka Vavu Bali in Kerala
Hariyali Amavasya in North India
Chitalagi Amavasya in Odisha
Steamed Kadabu Recipe
- Wheat Flour: One bowl
- Chanadal or Bengal Gram: One bowl
- Jaggery or Gul: One bowl
- Dry Fruits: Crushed: Two tea spoons (Optional)
- Cardamom Powder: Half tea spoon
- Water: As required for steaming.
- In a bowl take one bowl of wheat flour and by adding water slowly make a tight dough.
- Rest it for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pressure cooker add one bowl of washed Chanadal along with sufficient water.
- Add half tea spoon turmeric and one tea spoon oil.
- Pressure cook it for 7-8 whistles.
- Puran or sweet stuffing:
- Once the pressure is out; drain the cooked dal and keep aside the stew.
- In a kadai put the cooked dal and one bowl of jaggery and cook it till jaggery melts.
- Cook it till it absorbs the jaggery and becomes semi solid consistency.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to hand Puran grinding machine.
- Grind the puran to make it smooth textured.
Making Steamed Kadabu Recipe:
- Take small ball from the dough and roll it in the shape of small Puri.
- Place puran on it and close it by connecting both the edges. Apply little bit water on the edges so that it sticks to other side.
- Repeat the procedure for remaining dough.
- In big utensil put water and bring it to boil.
- In a steamer or strainer apply oil and place the prepared Kadabu.
- Put the strainer on the steamer and cover with a lid.
- Cook it for 15 minutes on high flame.
- Then switch off the flame and remove the strainer. Let the steamed Kadabu cool for few minutes.
- Serve with ghee.
Step by step photos of Steamed Kadabu Recipe:
You may skip the puran grinding step and smash the dal by hand only.
Adjust the amount of jaggery used according to your requirement.
Take care you steam the Kadabu for minimum 15 minutes. If they are not steamed properly, they will hard to digest.
Don’t hurry to remove the steamed Kadabu from steamer. Otherwise, they will stick to the strainer and break while removing.
You may also try my other sweets and festival special recipes..
I hope you are going to try this recipe. If you made this comment and tell me how you liked this recipe.
Please SUBSCRIBE to my blog so that you won’t miss any recipes in the future. Press the FOLLOW button and help me to grow..
Also don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
See you in my next recipe; till then Eat healthy and Stay healthy..
0 thoughts on “Steamed Kadabu Recipe | Deep Amavasya Special Recipe | Ukadiche Kadabu”
Wow very manjari n thank you
Delicious Recipe and informative post
Nice information and nice dish…
Very nice recipe👌👌