Mix Veg Paratha Recipe | Vegetable Paratha |Healthy Indian Flat Bread
Hello Friends Manjiri’s Foods welcomes you all,
Today I am going to show you all how to make Mix Veg Paratha Recipe | Vegetable Paratha |Healthy Indian Flat Bread. Mixed vegetable paratha is a tasty recipe where you can use any vegetable. This mixed vegetable paratha is very easy to prepare and can be ready in less than 30 minutes. There are so many ways to make Parathas.
Cuisine: North Indian
Type: Main course, Lunch Box Recipe
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Served with: Raita, Curds, Pickle or Plain.
Servings: 10-12 parathas.
This Mix Veg Paratha Recipe | Vegetable Paratha |Healthy Indian Flat Bread is very soft, delicious and healthy loaded with various vegetables and spices. Because of the vegetable this paratha remains soft even after they cool. Since they remain soft for long time, these parathas are ideal for lunch box. You can have them anytime of the day.
We all know kids are very choosy and fussy when it comes to including vegetables in their diet. These parathas are a good way to include some veggies in the diet for kids. They cannot figure out how many vegetables are hidden in theses parathas. If you want to introduce vegetables to your kids, these parathas are the best choice.
Mix Veg Paratha Recipe | Vegetable Paratha |Healthy Indian Flat Bread is a super filling paratha recipe. You can have it without any side dish. But tastes great with pickle and curds. Indian recipes mainly include rice or rotis as the main dish for lunch and dinner. We know rice is main food for south Indians, while roti or paratha is popular in north Indians.
Paratha recipes are very quick and easy dishes for lunch boxes. Hence, I make a variety of paratha recipes. You can add as many vegetables as you want. Often, we buy vegetables for a week and they are not used fully. To utilize the left-over vegetables in the fridge this paratha recipe is ideal. Also, as we use different vegetables it becomes very healthy, and perfect recipe for kids, who hate having veggies.
- Wheat Flour: Four bowls
- Cabbage: one bowl
- French Beans: one bowl
- Potatoes: Two to three
- Flower: One bowl
- Carrot: One bowl
- Shimla mirch (Green Bell pepper): One big
- Green chili: as per taste
- Ginger: One inch
- Garlic: 7-8 cloves
- Coriander: Half bunch
- Curds: One small bowl
- Garam Masala: one tea spoon
- Sugar: One tea spoon (Optional)
- Salt: As per taste
- Ghee or Oil: As required
How to make Mix Veg Paratha Recipe | Vegetable Paratha |Healthy Indian Flat Bread
- In a mixing bowl add four bowls of wheat flour.
- Add one tea spoon salt and one small bowl curds.
- Add water slowly and knead a soft dough.
- Apply oil on the dough and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
Mix Veg Stuffing:
- Wash, peel all the vegetables and chop them roughly.
- Pressure cook them by adding very little water or else steam them until they are soft.
- Meanwhile in a mixer jar take 4-5 green chilis, washed coriander, Garlic, Ginger.
- Grind all the ingredients to a coarse paste without adding water.
- When the vegetables are still warm mash them with a masher.
- In a kadai heat two tea spoons of oil and add jeera to it.
- Add ground chili masala paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add mashed mixed vegetables and give it a good mix.
- Add salt, garam masala and sugar. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool this stuffing completely before making parathas.
- Take a medium ball sized dough and roll it slightly. Place the mix veg stuffing the cover with the dough. Roll the paratha evenly.
- Pre heat the tawa and grease it with oil. Place the paratha on hot tawa and turn the flame to medium. Flip the paratha and roast both sides.
- Serve with pickle, raita or have it plain.
Mix Veg Paratha Recipe | Vegetable Paratha |Healthy Indian Flat Bread in step by step photos.
Apply oil and rest the kneaded dough for 10-15 minutes.
In a kadai add two spoons of oil, jeera and ground masala paste and sauté for a minute.
Add mashed veggies, salt, sugar and garam masala and mix it well. Cook for two minutes. Then cool it completely before rolling parathas.
Take a medium ball sized dough and roll it slightly.
Place the stuffing on the dough and cover it. Roll the paratha evenly.
Heat the tawa and place rolled paratha and roast.
Flip the paratha and roast the other side.
You can experiment with the vegetable stuffing as your wish. This mix veg paratha recipe is very flexible and made without onion and garlic. You can easily adjust it by adding your choice of veggies.
I have added the following vegetables: cauliflower, carrot, potato, French beans, and green bell pepper or Shimla mirch. This is a good way to use leftover veggies.
Instead of adding the mix veg stuffing while rolling the parathas, they can be added directly to the dough. It will be easier to roll parathas like this.
Make sure the tawa is properly heated before making parathas, otherwise paratha may stick to the tawa.
You can make spicy or soft according to your choice by adjusting the spices. If you are going make for kid’s lunch box, then keep it mild. You can also add a bit of sugar as I used.
Apart from the above used vegetables, you can include green leafy veggies like spinach, methi or fenugreek and pudina or mint.
To make parathas easier while rolling, the veggies must be very dry or without moisture.
As you have to completely dry the veggies after steaming, drain the water from veggies. But do not discard this water or vegetable stalk. This can be used while kneading the dough. You can store it in refrigerator and then used while making soups. And also added to dals.
Roast the paratha on medium to medium-high flame. Otherwise, paratha will become hard and chewy.
Some of my other paratha recipes.
See you all with a new recipe..
Till then eat healthy and stay healthy..😊