Daliya Khichadi-Healthy Breakfast Recipe | Broken Wheat Khichadi | Daliya Khichadi
Hello friends Manjiri’s Foods welcomes you all,
Khichadi recipes are very popular across India because of the simple way they are prepared and yet their healthy benefits. If you are recovering from an illness and crave something tasty to have without disturbing the digestion then Khichadi is a life saver. Yes, Khichadi not only satisfies your taste buds, it helps to regain your digestive health.
Daliya khichadi or broken wheat khichadi is an easy and healthy breakfast option made with moong dal, broken wheat and lots of vegetables. This khichadi tastes same as traditional moong dal and rice khichadi. Even though it is prepared for breakfast it can be served as lunch and dinner also. It is a complete meal in itself with the goodness of broken wheat and vegetables.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Type: Breakfast, Can be served as Lunch & Dinner also
Served with: Pickle, Papad
What makes daliya khichadi special is its combination of moong dal and broken wheat. And the blend of simple masala and vegetables make it heavier without making your stomach heavy.
- Daliya(Broken Wheat)–1 Bowl
- Moong Dal–1 Bowl
- Vegetables (your choice)
- Salt–As per taste
- Jaggery –1 tsp (optional)
- Goda Masala –1 tsp or Garam masala
- Green chilies — 2-4 medium spicy
- Mustard, Jeera, Turmeric for tempering.
- Pinch of Asafoedata (hing)
- Oil–2 tsp
- Ghee– 2tsp
- Coriander for garnishing
- Dry roast Daliya and Moong Dal for 2 mins and keep aside.
- Wash and cut the vegetables of your choice. Here i have used Green peas(fresh) you can use frozen also. Potato, Carrot, French beans, Cabbage.
- Heat the Pressure cooker and add oil and ghee. Add all the tempering ingredients and splutter them.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté them for a minute.
- Add roasted Daliya and Moong dal and again Sauté them for a minute.
- Add 4-5 bowls of water or if you want a runny or watery consistency of Khichadi add more water. And bring it to a boil.
- Boil the water, Add Salt, Masala and Jaggery, Salt-masala-jaggery. Cover the lid and cook it for three whistles.
Important tips and suggestions
In this recipe, i have used vegetables like carrots, peas, potatoes and tomato. You can add vegetables of your choice.
But you can make it even simple and prepare it with just onions and tomatoes.
Use of moong dal will make it thicker so you may have to water to adjust the consistency.
As I said earlier this khichdi can be served when you want to eat something light. It is best to eat this khichadi when you have an upset stomach.
It can be served to kids also as it has very little spices. While serving to kids you can add curds.
Mango Pickle, Papad, Plain Yogurt, and Green Chutney are best side dishes for daliya khichadi.
Other side dishes you can try with this khichadi are Cucumber Raita, Boondi Raita.
Health benefits of Daliya.Dalia Khichadi -Healthy Breakfast recipe is a rich source of proteins and if you are one of those who are looking to gain muscle mass, include daliya in your diet. It is loaded with essential vitamins. Eat a bowl of daliya and increase your protein intake. Aids in weight loss: Dalia contains high fiber content.
I hope you are going to try this recipe. If you made this comment and tell me how you liked this recipe.
Explore my collection of Vegetarian recipes, Rice recipes, Breakfast recipes, lunchbox recipes, Gravy, south Indian recipes, quick recipes, North Indian, Curry, Side dishes, parathas, sweets and desserts and many more..
Please SUBSCRIBE to my blog so that you won’t miss any recipes in the future. Press the FOLLOW button and help me to grow..
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel..
See you in my next recipe; till then Eat healthy and Stay healthy.