How To Make Thalipeeth Bhajani Peeth/Flour at Home | Bhajani Peeth Recipe.
Hello friends Manjiri’s Foods welcomes you all,
In my last post I have explained why it is important to have breakfast and what happens if we don’t have a healthy breakfast in the morning.
Today I am going to tell you how to make a multigrain flour; popularly known as “Bhajani Peeth” or “Bhajani” from which we can prepare variety of healthy breakfasts.
Thalipeeth Bhajani is a very healthy multigrain flour mix, a handy breakfast mix in most of the Maharashtrian households. You can make many nutritious snacks in minutes, if you have this multigrain flour. Apart from making Thalipeeth, this Bhajani can also be used to make to snacks like Kothimbir Vadi, Bhajani Vada, baked multigrain crackers etc.
Thalipeeth Bhajani recipe is made in lots of variations too. The grains used may vary from region to region or even from household to household. You may change the amount of some of the ingredients depending on your taste and availability.
This Bhajani flour is usually prepared in bulk and can be stored in an airtight container. Later it can be used to make variety of snacks when and as required. Especially Thalipeeth is made from this mix flour. The best part is, these Thalipeeths doesn’t even require a side dish.
Servings: 500 grams flour.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
Served with: Curds, Pickle, Ghee.
Along with the flour I have prepared Thalipeeth and Bhajani Vada also.
I have made Bhajani Peeth or flour in bulk. Here I am giving you the small measurements for the recipe. You can double it according your requirement.
- Rice: Two bowls
- Chanadal/Bengal Gram: One bowl
- Urad Dal: 1/4th Bowl
- Sabudana/sago: 1/4th Bowl
- Coriander Seeds: Four tea spoons
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera: Four tea spoons
- Dry roast above ingredients one by one on low to medium flame.
- Roast till they are light brown and crisp. Do not burn.
- Cool them completely and grind them in a mixer to fine powder.
- If you are making Bhajani in bulk then grind it in flour mill.
- Cool the flour completely and store it in an air tight container.
- If stored properly it can be used for 3-4 months.
Ingredients for Bhajani Thalipeeth and Bhajani Vada
- Bhajani Flour: One bowl
- Red chili powder: Two tea spoons/as per spiciness
- Salt: As per taste
- Jeera: Half tea spoon
- White Sesame: one tea spoon
- Sugar: One tea spoon (Optional)
- Coriander leaves: Four tea spoons chopped
- Turmeric: 1/4th tea spoon
- Hing/Asafoedata: one pinch
- In a mixing bowl add one bowl Bhajani flour and all the ingredients. Add water slowly and mix it to form a loose dough.
- Make equal sized balls from the dough.
- Take a parchment paper/banana leaf/aluminum foil and apply oil to it.
- Take a dough ball and pat it using you finger and palm to make a round shape. Make as thin as possible.
- Heat a tawa and put thalipeeth on it. Cover with a lid and let the thalipeeth cook for 2 to 3 minutes or till the base is golden and crisp.
- Turnover and continue to cook the second side also.
- Remove and serve thalipeeth hot with curds or pickle. It can be served with some butter on top too. Usually, Bhajani thalipeeth doesn’t require any side dish.
- For making Bhajani Vada take a small portion of the dough and press in the shape of a small vada.
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Put the pressed vada in hot oil and fry by turning in between.
- You can have these vadas plain or with chutney.
How To Make Thalipeeth Bhajani Peeth/Flour at Home in Step by step photos.
Making Bhajani Thalipeeth
I would be glad to know if you have tried this recipe, don’t forget to share your feedback and comments below. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me on email@example.com
Join me on Telegram Channel: “Manjiri’s Foods“
Please SUBSCRIBE to my blog so that you won’t miss any recipes in the future. Press the FOLLOW button and help me to grow..
See you in my next recipe; till then Eat healthy and Stay healthy..
Also explore our collection of Vegetarian recipes, Rice recipes, Breakfast recipes, lunchbox recipes, Gravy, south Indian recipes, quick recipes, North Indian, Curry, Side dishes, parathas, sweets and desserts and many more..