Aloo Gobi Paratha Recipe.
The paratha is an important and traditional breakfast in India. Usually accompanied with Butter, Curds, Pickles or Raita. Or all of them. Parathas are very popular breakfast recipes because they are super filling and an ideal tiffin box or lunch box dish.
What we need?
Gobi or Cauliflower: One medium Sized
Aloo or Potatoes : Two to Three Medium
Onion : One big sized
Garlic : Five to six cloves
Coriander : Half bunch
Garam masala : Two Tsp
Red chili powder : One Tsp
Amchur Powder : half tsp
Salt : As per taste
Sugar : One Tsp
Oil : four Tsp
Curds : Four spoons
Ginger Garlic paste: One Tsp
Tempering : Mustard, Jeera, Hing and turmeric
- Grate Gobi and soak it in salted water for five minutes just to get rid of any worms hiding. Because it is very common Gobi contains worms sometimes.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them finely.
- Onion should be grated instead of chopping finely.
- Removes the skin and separate the cloves from Garlic. Remove the skin and wash Ginger. Grind them to a fine paste. Or else you can use Ginger Garlic paste directly.
In a big bowl take around four big spatula of wheat flour. Add a ½ Tea spoons of salt. Add curds and water. Knead the dough. Rest it for 30 minutes.
- In a kadai add 3 spoons of oil. Add mustard, jeera, hing and turmeric. Splutter the tempering.
- Then add grated onion and sauté till the raw smell goes. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Then add grated Gobi and mix it well. Add garam masala, Red chili powder, salt, sugar amchur powder and give it a good mix. Cover the kadai with a lid and cook this mixture for five minutes on a slow flame till the Gobi is cooked. No need to add water.
- Then add mashed potatoes and mix it again. Cook for another two minutes and remove the kadai from the stove.
- Garnish the stuffing with coriander leaves and completely cool it before rolling parathas.
- Take a medium ball sized dough and roll it a little.
- Take same sized stuffing and place it on the rolled dough. Cover the dough and pinch off the extra and roll paratha again. Rolling should be gentle so that the stuffing stays intact and not spilled out from the dough.
- Heat a tawa and apply oil to it. Place the rolled paratha on it and cook it for two minutes on a medium flame.
- The apply oil on the upper side of the paratha and flip and cook it again. Apply oil again and flip the paratha.
- Repeat the procedure till paratha is cooked completely.
- Serve the parathas with butter on it accompanied by Curds, Pickles or raita. Or any other side dish of your choice.
The atta or the dough should be kneaded properly and rested for minimum 30 mins.”
“Stuffing should be completely dry, or free from moisture, to ensure the desired shape and thickness of the paratha. If stuffing contains moisture, it will become difficult to roll the parathas.”
“Any other vegetables of your choice may be used to enhance the nutritional value of the parathas.
Health benefits of Aloo and Gobi:
- Potatoes are a good source of antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. (research required)
- Potatoes contain resistant starch, which may help reduce insulin resistance. In turn, this can help improve blood sugar control.
- Improve Digestive Health
- Naturally Gluten-Free
- Super Filling
- Not only are potatoes healthy, but they are also delicious and versatile.
- Potatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which make them very healthy.
Gobi or Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower is as good a source of fiber and vitamins. High Content of fiber in Gobi and water are important for preventing constipation, maintaining a healthy digestive tract, and lowering the risk of colon cancer.
- Its ingredients may help strengthen bones, boost the cardiovascular system, and prevent cancer.
- People who are using blood thinners are asked to limit the intake of Gobi as it may affect the drugs.
That’s all friends.
Will see you again with new recipe.
Till then keep reading and sharing my posts.
Don’t forget to follow me on twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.
Join my Fb page : https://www.facebook.com/manjirisfoods
0 thoughts on “Aloo Gobi Paratha Recipe”
Good keep going Sure ll try
Wonderful recipe…surely will try this
Very tasty recipe
Great tips along with detailed steps to prepare
Woow. Mouth watering
Tried this recipe….awesome👌🏻