Aloo Palak Gravy Recipe
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Type: Gravy-Side dish
Served With: Roti, Chapati, Naan, Rice and paratha.
Hello friends, Manjiri’s Foods welcome you all,
Aloo Palak gravy is an ideal side dish for Roti, Chapati, Naan, paratha and Rice. It is somewhat like Palak Paneer recipe.
- Palak: 1 Bunch
- Potatoes : 2 Medium
- Tomato : 1 big
- Onion : 1 big
- Garlic : 7-8 cloves
- Green chilies : 3-4
- Garam Masala : 1 TSP
- Salt : As per taste
- Red chili powder : 1 Tsp
- Sugar : 1Tsp (Optional)
- Oil : 3 Tsp
- Remove stems from Palak and wash the leaves thoroughly.
- Boil water in a pan and put Palak leaves into the boiling water.
- Cover the lid and switch off the stove.
- Keep Palak leaves into the boiling water for two minutes.
- Then remove the leaves and put them in ice water immediately for Blanching.
- Cut the Potato, onion and tomato into small pieces.
- Take out the skin from garlic and separate the cloves.
- Drain the water from Palak leaves.
- Put them in a grinding jar along with green chilies and garlic.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add oil in it.
- Put the tempering ingredients ( Mustard, Jeera, Hing, Haldi powder) splutter them.
- Then add onions and fry them till translucent.
- Add potatoes and sauté for a minute.
- Then add Tomatoes and fry till soft and mushy.
- Add chili powder, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Then add water and cook potatoes till they are soft.
- Once potatoes are cooked add Palak paste to it and cook further for two minutes.
- Finally add garam masala to it.
- Serve the Aloo Palak gravy with Rotis, Chapatis or Rice.
- It is very tasty and healthy too.